The effectiveness of search results is improved based on features offered by Noridian. Enter the term or phrase in the search field located within the top heading of the website. The following tips will help visitors obtain concise results.
- Avoid entering search in form of a question
- Verify spelling of searched term
- Enter a single CPT or HCPCS instead of a range of codes with a hyphen
- Try replacing keywords with synonyms
- Try less specific keywords
Search Term or Phrase Criteria
- All Terms – By default, this is the search result selection. If multiple words are entered, all words must all be included within the webpage either in title, description, keywords, or full text
- Any Terms – If multiple words are entered in search, and this feature is selected, search results will be expanded to include all webpage that contain at least one of terms entered
- Exact Phrase – Searched terms must appear within webpage in exact order entered
The results of a search include the title of the webpage or resource which displays in a blue font and acts as a hyperlink to the resource. After selecting a search result, you can select the browser’s “Back” feature to return to the search result listing.
A description of the webpage contents, the date the webpage was published or updated, and a ‘starred rating’ showing the frequency in which the searched term/phrase is included in the specific result.
The total number of results found for the search is provided and ten results are displayed per page. An option to in addition to the ability to navigate among the pages of the search results
Sort By Options
- Relevancy Descending – Sefault display order. Search returns a list of webpages displayed in order by how often the term/phrase is found within the website address, title, contents, keywords and content description. The more starts that are provided with a result reflects the content is the better match for what is being searched
- Relevancy Ascending – Sorting by this option displays results which contain the least number of occurrences of searched/term or phrase
- Date Descending – This sort order displays results based on most recently published content regardless of how frequently or relevant term may be within contents
- Date Ascending – Oldest content is displayed first regardless of how frequently searched term/phrase is used within webpage contents
The results of the searched term/phrase can be filtered further to allow visitors to view how many occurrences of the search results appear within bulletins, within a defined navigation website category, or by a grouping of the age of the website content.
Last Updated Oct 15, 2018